Friday, May 24, 2019

i’ve been gone.


And I don’t know if I’ll be back for long.

Truth is at first I just wanted a break, then I realized how much I didn’t miss it. I even stopped reading y’all’s posts. It’s actually been nice- not worrying about losing views, or not responding fast enough to comments, or getting enough posts out.

Then between the past six months I’ve been put thrown way more curveballs than I expected. I had no desire to spend time writing it down because I didn’t feel like I had the energy.

Gosh, there’s so much to catch up on.

Lots of good. Some not so good. Some sad.

In one of my last posts I said I had switched jobs again. And I did again at some point in February. I’m back working with arabs again, at the same barn I worked at over a year ago. The place hasn’t changed much at all. Most of the horses are new, but there are a couple of the same ones. There are a few new people as well. The familiarity is nice though, and I am very happy to be back.

I was in full time classes again, but one of my ‘classes’ was being the TA for two other classes, so it felt more like five classes instead of just four. I stayed on the judging team again, and got through the spring contest in OKC giving four sets of reasons. I also was on our college show team (so had extra responsibilities there as well), and went and showed at two collegiate horse shows (I got 3rd of 6 my first time out of the gate, before evening out at consistent 5th place of 7 and 8 at the next show).

I did another training class this semester, and got to work on one of our younger school horses who had no jog and a too fast for lessons lope. We rode every class day when the weather permitted. I got pretty close to that horse, I already miss our rides.

One of my classes also had part of the semester doing an internship at a repro barn, which was very educational, but not really my thing.

I also had Equine Science II. The ONLY reason why I didn’t get the homework mixed up with the repro class homework was because one was Monday/Wednesday and the other was Tuesday/Thursday. They both had the same professor, and most everyone from repro was in science.

I was working weekends at the barn, and also back in the same area two days during the school week to take care of my boss’ landlord’s cats that his wife breeds and sells.

Guys. I was pulling 12 and 14 hour days away from home, driving 80 miles or more roundtrip, and that’s not counting the amount of time I was awake before leaving in the morning or the time I was awake after coming home. Looking back, I’m surprised I only had one real meltdown. The stress was very real.

I do have a lot of good memories from it though (but not of sleep). I got closer to the friends I had, and made a few new ones. I’ll miss the ones that have graduated and are moving on now though.



How are y’all doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well hello there! I see you've made it to the bottom of the page, congrats!