Monday, January 15, 2018

Cats /// photo day


We have two barn cats who hate each other. They always have, and they always will. 

However when they are not fighting tooth and nail, they are very cute. And photogenic. So photogenic. 

They both pose for me, or at least, hold a position long enough for me to capture the shot, and they are both pretty cats. We have no idea what breed mix they are, but Ginger is the calico shorthair, and Coal is the black and white with fluffy hair (it frizzes when it's humid out XD)

Ginger is almost thirteen years old. We've had her longer than we've lived in our country house. She is *my* cat, but mostly hangs out with Nana and Grandfather, since they frequently let her inside. I named her after Ginger from the movie, Black Beauty, and she did have a similar temperament to her namesake for about the first six or seven years of her life. She would only like me. But then Nana was determined to negotiate a friendship with her, and spent probably about two years winning her over.

Coal is much younger. We got him I think the Christmas of 2013, either that or 2014. He came with his sister, who disappeared, but we discovered that she adopted our neighbor who owns the horses, and is enjoying her indoor cat life immensely. We had trouble finding a name for him. We started out calling him "Jigsaw" because of the puzzle-like splotch on his nose, but we discovered that we liked the name "Coal" (as in a lump of coal in a stocking) much better. The majority of the time, he likes to keep to himself (there are some times where we won't even see him for a couple of days), but sometimes it's almost like he takes a pill to be sweet. He doesn't like being picked up and held, but he will rub and rub and rub on you and let you pet him forever. His personality is like his coat pattern; it is a contrast of night and day.

I know. I got the phone shadow. But is this face not the cutest?
*Be Prepared plays in the background*
Surveying her domain.
Wait, was that a mouse?
Glamorous and I know it.
Stretch.
Oh come on, I just woke up!
It's too early for this.
*I Just Can't Wait To Be King plays in the background*
Surveying his kingdom.

*perfect tail curl*
Smile!

Hey, can you look at the camera?
Yes, this is my majestic profile.
The rooster wanted his photo taken.
Hold still for goodness sake.


Bloopers:
(because, everyone has a weird face in a picture at least once in their lives)

Derp
Derp 2.0
Sounds like fingernails on a blackboard.
Invisible fishbowl.
I have something in my teeth.
Hang on a sec, gotta take this call.

Favorite photo of Ginger?
Favorite photo of Coal?
Favorite photo overall?
I won't ask which cat is your favorite, because haha, there is no way I could decide either!

3 comments:

  1. I'd pick a favorite picture except cats aren't really my favorite... SORRY? XD I have nine though sooo if you need more models for your photography then c'mon over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww wish I had some kitties <3
    Michaila
    seventytimeseven.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww I'm always happy to look at pictures of adorable floofs! They are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! I see you've made it to the bottom of the page, congrats!