Friday, January 5, 2018

The Liebster Award


A few days ago Marrok, at Marrok Macintyre tagged me for the Liebster Award, or rather, the Lightsaber Award (which was a much cooler name, we agreed). Believe it or not, I do like answering questions, but when I get tagged I usually tend to put off posting it. So this is why I am writing it up in advance and scheduling it so I don't forget about it.

In fact, by the time y'all are reading this my family and I will be on the road to Colorado for a ski trip! That is, if this scheduling thingamajigger doesn't glitch on me. 

And of course there are rules to tags: Answer the 11 questions, share 11 facts about yourself, and tag 11 people.

1. If You were to be transported into a fantasy world would you rather be the hero or the villain, and what kind of hero/villain would you be?


Ooh! A friend and I actually talked about hero/villain superpowers a week or two ago! Initially, I said that I wanted my power to be communication with animals (I mean, come on how cool would that be? To be able to understand what they are saying?), but then he said that he wanted his power to be the ability to inject someone with any medical substance just by touch, which is also super cool!

But being a villain though. I decided that if I were a villain, I'd want atom/cell manipulation. I could speed or slow the growth of living things. I could change the weather. I could completely change something into something else to suit my villainous plot. I could make the earth swallow anyone chasing me. 

I think though in the story I'd only go selfishly terrorizing the city for a little while before a child befriends me and show me that not everything is horrible, and then I'd only use the power to help people out and/or prank people (think loosely along the lines of Megamind).

2. If you could bring anything from your imagination into reality what would it be and why?

All right, so I kind of have a dull imagination in terms of thinking up creative imaginary friends/beings. I don't really have anything drastically unique up in there. But, I've always wanted a pet wolf. Or to have wings and just fly off whenever and wherever I wanted.

3. What are three things you share in common with your MC?

I'm not really writing anything at the moment, but in past projects, I always try to give at least one character my snark, someone always likes to read, and I like to make note of character eye colors.

4. What would you name "Thagomizer"?

That, good sir, is a laptop name right there.

5. What is your favorite genre to write in and why?

I've really only ever written in the fantasy genre, but I do have an idea for a dystopian if I ever want to go that route.

6. If you could live anywhere where would it be?

Some place with winter. I love Texas, and I will always be a Texas girl, but I also like snow. Do you see the problem?

7. Describe your personality, or the way you are feeling right now, in a gif.

*digs through the monstrosity of disorganization that is my gif folder*

 

8. Why have you chosen to write?

*points to the above gif*

9. Where does the inspiration for your writing come from?

My head? Pictures from Pinterest? Other books? You'll never know, it may even be all three.

10. When you finish writing, how do you plan to publish and why?

I haven't gotten that far yet, to be honest.

11. What song is your jam right now?

The entire soundtrack from The Greatest Showman


And now the eleven facts:

1. I am the tallest girl in my family.

2. I was also the smallest when I was born, popping out three weeks early and just over five and a half pounds.

3. I like candles. 

4. I've never gone upside down on a roller coaster, but I have almost fallen out of my seat on one before.

5. I can't read in the car, after a while I'll start to feel sick.

6. I like singing while I'm out taking care of my birds.

7. I used to be afraid of our stove.

8. I would much rather be behind the camera than in front of it.

9. If a movie makes me cry, than it must've really been a sad movie, either that or it was just a super pretty movie.

10. I love staying outside as it gets darker every minute in the evening. I like watching the stars come out and listening to the night sounds.

11. Aside from chocolate, caramel is my favorite kind of candy.


I tag:

Everyone who likes snow!

And because I'm curious as to how y'all will answer these, here are the same questions Marrok asked:

If You where to be transported into a fantasy world would you rather be the hero or the villain. And what kind of hero/villain would you be?
If you could bring anything from your imagination into reality what would it by and why?
What are three things you share in common with your MC?
What would you name "Thagomizer"?
What is your favorite genre to write in and why?
If you could live anywhere where would it be?
Described your personality, or the way you are feeling right now, in a gif.
Why have you chosen to write?
Where does the inspiration for your writing come from?
When you finish writing, how do you plan to publish and why?
What song is your jam right now?


Well, that's that!
Hope y'all are off to a fabulous 2018!

1 comment:

  1. This was definitely a fun post to read. Maybe I'll have to answer these questions sometime, because, hey, I do like snow!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there! I see you've made it to the bottom of the page, congrats!